Friday 24 September 2010

My beloved Birmingham

I love Birmingham. I love everything about it. It's a diverse city. A city of fun. A mixing pot of cultures and the shopping is pretty darn good too.
.
Two years ago, me and my partner in crime moved from Birmingham to Norwich. Yes, Norwich. Norwich (East Anglia - or as Jade Goody once said, 'East Angular') thinks it's a city, but it's not really. Don't get me wrong, there are worse places to live - though on occasions I need to remind myself of this. It has a nice theatre, I suppose - but it's not vibrant and pretty much everything closes at 10pm. There has been occasions where we have been sitting in a restaurant at 9:30pm by ourselves. To say Norwich is not exciting is cruel - but I'm afraid that's not far from the truth.
.
Tonight, me and my man are travelling back to Birmingham for the weekend. I cannot wait to sit in a cocktail bar late at night and not be alone with bar staff sweeping up around my feet. Perhaps sipping on some champagne? - or something equally fabulous?

FYI - the most exciting person we have seen in Norwich is Christopher Biggins in Pizza Express in The Forum. Need I say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment