Friday 7 January 2011

Remembering: Adeva

Continuing the 'Remembering:' series of posts, I would now to like to pay tribute to one of my favourite dance queens.  Adeva released several quality songs in the late eighties and nineties.  This was a time when I used to be smoozing with DJ's in record shops around Northern England.  Fond, fond memories. 

As you can see from the picture, Adeva's image was quite masculine and could easily be compared to that of Grace Jones (though perhaps not as striking as Jones is).  Adeva has a big gospel voice and although she sometimes shouted rather than singing, I was hooked.  She was massive on the House scene and looking back I'm amazed that she didn't have bigger hits in the UK.  She peaked at number 17 in the singles chart 3 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment