Wednesday 5 January 2011

Remembering: Red Hot + Blue

Well, hello there!  After a sudden rush of work, a new project and surgery of all things, I am back!  Only my kind readers would allow me some time to catch up. *wink*

I thought my first post (in a while) should be dedicated to one of my favourite albums of all time.  Back in 1990, there was a compilation album titled 'Red Hot + Blue', with proceeds going to Aids charities.  The songs were reinterpretations of Cole Porter songs and I remember watching a particularly fantastic video collection on TV which previewed all of the songs.  Cole Porters songs are amazing, but this album took his songs to a completely different level. 

I believe the album was re-released in 2006 in the USA as a CD and DVD pack.  However, if you can even hunt down the standard CD, you are in for a treat.

Highlights on album include; 'Down in the Depths' sung by Lisa Stansfield (where is she these days?), 'Too Darn Hot' sung by Erasure (a fantastic electronic version) and a highly amusing and bizarre version of  'Well Did You Evah?' sung by the glorious Debbie Harry and Iggy Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment