Sunday 12 June 2011

The ants in France

I'm currently sat in my bedroom in a large house in a village in the south of France.  About an hour ago, several ants nests hatched outside, causing much grief to my other five friends (one of whom is my partner).   You could say that I'm in hiding.

I'm not drinking wine (yet).  In my hand is a can of caffiene free diet coke and to my right is a large bag of Haribo sweets.  Despite the flying ants problem, life is finally good. 

If you're reading this, you might think that I don't have a lot to complain about.  For starters, I'm in France - and that alone is exciting - particularly as this is my first trip here.  However, there is a point to this brief post.  If you're young (and by young I mean 16 to 21), don't ever waste your life by not going out and having enough fun.  When you're older, lots of things can change.  Your health, your friends and families health - and worst of all your partners health can take a turn for the worst.  It's all part of that thing we call 'the aging process'.  Along with that comes loss of hair in areas - and more, unwanted hair in others.  So - I'm pleading with you all.  Live life to the full.  Don't regret doing things which are within your grasp.  Lot's of things have happened to me recently and I've put things into perspective.  Don't complain about the small things.  It's a waste of valuable energy.

Oh no.

I'm like the UK's gay answer to Oprah Winfrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment